WEBINAR: 13 Social Media Pitfalls to Avoid for the Generalist In-House Counsel
Social media platforms present countless opportunities for companies looking to connect to consumers and clients in real time. But, like so much else in our connected age, these opportunities come with a host of risks ranging from minor public relations blips to unpleasant regulatory run-ins with government agencies, and from DMCA takedowns to right of publicity lawsuits.
Foley Hoag presents a 60-minute webinar offering guidance on social media issue spotting for in-house legal practitioners, with a focus on intellectual property, publicity rights and advertising.
Topics to Be Discussed
- Risky use of third-party content
- Social media complaint procedures
- Advertising claims, endorsements, and disclosures in the social media context
- Influencer best practices
- Right of publicity and ambush marketing traps
- Trademark strategy and ambush marketing
- Proper and not-so-proper use of DMCA takedown procedures
- Social media guidelines for employees
- August Horvath, Partner, Co-Chair, Advertising & Marketing Practice, Foley Hoag LLP
- Joshua Jarvis, Partner, Deputy Chair, Intellectual Property Department, Foley Hoag LLP
- Natasha Reed, Partner, Co-Chair, Trademark, Copyright & Unfair Competition Practice, Foley Hoag LLP
Copyright © 2022, Foley Hoag LLP. All rights reserved.