Shrimp “cook” in lime juice to make this tasty Shrimp Ceviche, with fresh cilantro, cucumbers and jalapeño. The best summer season appetiser!
This ceviche dish is an exceptionally simple meal that makes certain to impress. Plus, no oven or range is required, making it best for summer season. Just integrate the shrimp with the onion, lime juice, and salt for 20 minutes, and after that include the other veggies. That’s it! Serve with tortilla chips for a tasty appetiser for your beach home, boat or yard. Some more of my ceviche influenced dishes are this Ceviche Shrimp Cocktail, Canned Tuna Ceviche, Vegan Mushroom Ceviche, and Ceviche Cucumber Cups.
How To Make Shrimp Ceviche
The crucial to shrimp ceviche is to utilize very fresh shrimp, ideally ones captured the very same day you intend on consuming it. If you do not have access to fresh shrimp, frozen wild shrimp, prepared shrimp or fresh white fish likewise works.
The shrimp just take about 20 minutes to “cook” in the lime juice. Once the shrimp are nontransparent, they are prepared.
How long does ceviche last?
It’s finest to consume shrimp ceviche the day you make it so that germs does not start growing. It will last in the fridge for approximately a day if you begin with straight-off- the-boat shrimp.
How to Serve
Ceviche makes the best appetiser or light supper. I like to consume it as a dip with tortilla chips or plantain chips, however the ceviche would likewise be excellent as tacos, tostadas, or in a salad.
- Add avocado or red bell pepper to the ceviche.
- For a spicy ceviche, keep the ribs and seeds in the jalapeños. If you choose it milder, eliminate them.
- Swap the jalapeño for a serrano.
- Sub the shrimp for a fresh white fish, like mahi mahi, striped bass, or go to pieces.
- Use prepared shrimp if you do not have fresh, raw shrimp.
More Shrimp Recipes You’ll Love:
Fresh shrimp “cook” in lime juice to make this fresh and tasty Shrimp Ceviche, with fresh cilantro, cucumbers and jalapeño. The best summer season appetiser!
- 1 pound fresh peeled and deveined shrimp, sliced (ideally wild)
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice, from 6 to 9 limes
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2/3 cup peeled and diced cucumber
- 1 to 2 jalapeño, stemmed and sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup sliced cilantro
- 1 scallions, sliced
- tortilla chips or plantain chips, for serving
In a big bowl integrate the shrimp, lime juice, red onion and salt.
Let it sit for 20 minutes, stirring sometimes till nontransparent.
Add the cucumbers, jalapeño, cilantro and scallion.
Serve right now with chips.
Serving: 1 cup, Calories: 147 kcal, Carbohydrates: 7 g, Protein: 24 g, Fat: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 167 mg, Sodium: 553 mg, Fiber: 1 g, Sugar: 2 g
Blue Smart Points: 1
Green Smart Points: 2
Purple Smart Points: 1
Keywords: beach home dishes, dishes for boating, shrimp ceviche, summer season dishes