This post might consist of affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These salted chocolate peanut butter oat cups are extremely simple to make, made with feel-good components, and constantly SO yummy!
Say hey there to the super-simple salted peanut butter oat cups I’ve been caring recently! ♡
I truthfully was reluctant to even share this “recipe,” considering that these yummy little deals with are extremely fundamental and simple to make. But after delighting in lots of them throughout pregnancy (in my nonstop mission to discover brand-new methods to consume more protein), I believed a few of you may enjoy them too. So here we are!
They are made with a basic base of peanut butter and oats, sweetened with nevertheless much honey that you choose. Then when topped with a spoonful of melted chocolate, cooled in the freezer up until strong, and rounded off with a pinch of flaky sea salt, these oat cups develop into the most alluring sweet reward. And all the much better– a sweet reward made with entire, protein-packed, easy-to-grab kitchen components that you can feel excellent about delighting in!
Feel complimentary to play around the dish, obviously, and swap in whatever type of nut (or seed) butter you may choose. And if you do not occur to have oats on hand, you might likewise experiment with utilizing puffed rice cereal, puffed quinoa, or other crispy cereals as a base. But nevertheless you make these cups, there’s essentially no going incorrect with this salted chocolate-peanut butter combination here. So have a good time and enjoy them!
Salted Peanut Butter Oat Cups Ingredients:
Before we get to the complete dish noted below, here are a couple of notes about the components you will require to make these salted peanut butter oat cups:
- Peanut butter: I utilized homemade natural peanut butter (made with 100% peanuts) for this dish, which my other half likes making so we constantly have on hand, however any kind of velvety peanut butter that you have on hand will do.
- Honey: I choose not to include excessive honey to these oat cups, considering that the peanut butter and chocolate are currently rather sweet. But do not hesitate to include nevertheless much you choose. (Just offer the oat mix a fast taste prior to including it to the pan to see if you want to include more honey.)
- Oats: You will require old-fashioned (rolled) oats for this dish. If you are making it gluten-free, make certain to verify the brand name to be sure that the oats are accredited gf.
- Dark chocolate: You can utilize any kind of dark chocolate that you choose for this dish, which we will approximately slice and after that melt in a pan (or in the microwave) with a tablespoon of oil (any neutral-flavored oil that you choose).
- Flaky sea salt: And lastly, I enjoy completing these oat cups with a pinch of flaky sea salt on top.
I likewise extremely advise making these oat cups in a silicone muffin pan, which is certainly the most convenient alternative when it pertains to popping the frozen oat cups out of the pan. That stated, any non-stick muffin pan will likewise work. You might simply require to thoroughly run the bottom of the pan under a stream of warm water to assist launch the cups from the pan.
Here are a couple of other enjoyable variations that you can attempt with this dish …
- Use a various nut or seed butter: Just swap in any other preferred nut butter or seed butter if you would like, in location of the peanut butter.
- Use puffed rice or quinoa: If you want to offer these more of a crispy texture, do not hesitate to switch puffed rice or quinoa in location of the oats. (Or you might do a 50/50 mix of oats and puffed cereal.)
- Add miso: Add 2 tablespoons of miso paste to the peanut butter mix to offer these oat cups a scrumptious additional tip of salty-savory-umami taste.
- Stir whatever together: If you choose not to have the chocolate layer on the top, do not hesitate to simply stir the melted chocolate mix straight into the oat-and-PB mix.
More Chocolate Peanut Butter Treats:
Can’ t get enough of that alluring chocolate + peanut butter combination? Here are a couple of more dishes to attempt …
These salted chocolate peanut butter oat cups fast and simple to make, made with entire components, and constantly such a delicious sweet reward!
- Prep the oat mix. Heat the peanut butter and honey in a little pan over medium-low heat, stirring regularly, up until warm however not hot. (You can likewise do this in the microwave if you choose.) Add the oats to the peanut butter mix and stir up until integrated.
- Press into baking cups. Portion the oat mix equally into a silicone * or non-stick 12-cup muffin pan (roughly 1/3 cup of the oat mix per baking cup). Then utilize a spoon to push the oat mix securely into each baking cup.
- Add the chocolate. Rinse out the pan, then return it to the burner. Add the dark chocolate and coconut oil to the pan. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring regularly, up until the chocolate is entirely melted and smooth. Remove pan from heat. Spoon roughly 1 tablespoon of chocolate on top of each oat cup, spreading out the chocolate so that it covers the top of each baking cup. *
- Freeze Transfer the pan to the freezer and chill for a minimum of 1 hour, or up until the oat mix is company.
- Serve Pop out nevertheless lots of oat cups you want to serve, spray each with a pinch of flaky sea salt, then serve right away and take pleasure in! Store any staying oat cups in the freezer up until prepared to serve.
Chocolate drizzle: If you would like an additional chocolate drizzle on top of each oat cup, as displayed in the pictures above, let the preliminary of chocolate topping on the oat cups chill in the freezer up until solidified. Then eliminate the pan and drizzle a little bit of additional melted chocolate on top of each oat cup and chill once again up until frozen. This action is completely optional, so do not hesitate to avoid it to conserve a long time.
Prep time: Prep time noted does not consist of the time needed to chill the oat cups. This might differ depending upon the temperature level of your freezer, and likewise just how much perseverance you have for the oat cups to chill.;-RRB-